Thursday, December 24, 2009

Six Questions and Answers

Going through life's good and bad times, I have often asked many questions to myself. I am sure many others do the same, especially when facing tough times. I have short-listed six commonly asked questions and tried to answer them drawing from my own experience and some advice taken from the internet. Here they go:

Q1. Sometimes not succeeding fast like others seems to hurt me. What should I do?

Success is a measure as decided by others. Satisfaction is a measure as decided by you. Knowing the road ahead (direction) is more satisfying than knowing you rode ahead of others. You work with the compass. Let others work with the clock.

Q2. In tough times, how do I stay motivated?

Always count your blessings, not what you are missing. Be happy at what life has offered you such as a decent living, good health, a family, good friends. Always look at how far you have come in life rather than how far you have to go. Believe in yourself strongly.

Q3. Why do I have to face problems?

Problems are "Purposeful Roadblocks Offering Beneficial Lessons (to) Enhance Mental Strength."

Inner strength comes from struggle and endurance, not when you are free from problems.

Experience is a hard teacher. She gives the test first and the lessons afterwards. Consider problems as opportunities for learning. So, face problems to get experience and knowledge.

Q4. But why me?

When people suffer they ask, "why me?" When they prosper, they never ask "Why me". Everyone wishes to have truth on their side, but few want to be on the side of the truth.

Remember you are not the only one with problems in this vast world. There are people in far worse situations.

Q5. Why has life become complicated now?

Stop analyzing life. Just take it as it comes to you and live it. Probing it and analysis is what makes it complicated. You are worrying because you are analyzing. Worrying has become a habit with many people. That's why they are not happy.

Avoid whiners and associate with people who think and talk positively.

Q6. How can I get the best out of life?

Face your past without regret. No point in crying over spilt milk. Handle your present with confidence. Prepare for the future without fear.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Nice....Hope to be able to put this into practice...

Chandrika said...

Whenever I am down, I read this. Gives me a lot of motivation. Thank you